Monday, July 1, 2013

All American Lolita

Lately, I've been studying Britney Spears and the idea of the American teen idol. I can't say that it's what initially inspired this set, but I'm sure at least this issue of Rolling Stone helped me get more of a feel for what it called for. It was such a huge influence in current pop culture, whether people approved of it or not, and is such a defining moment in current American pop history. Ultimately, while I don't approve of sexualizing young girls AT ALL, the lolita style is something I find to be very cute and powerful in its own right. Any hint at sexuality aside, it promotes femininity and the idea that every female deserves to feel as sweet and girly as they want, unapologetically.
All American Lolita



River Island elastic waist skirt
$31 - riverisland.com


Sheer tight
$19 - pret-a-beaute.com




T.U.K. creeper shoes
tukshoes.com


Skull jewelry
$3.16 - fancypocket.sg


Flower jewelry
etsy.com


Black ring
etsy.com


Benoit missolin
farfetch.com


Tarte eye shadow
tartecosmetics.com


H M lip makeup
$3.04 - hm.com


No comments:

Post a Comment