Saturday, June 1, 2013

Update #2

Hello, muffins!!
So as most of you can already tell, this blog has quickly become mainly Polyvore posts from yours truly. This has been both a blessing and a curse, but first, the blessing.
As I'm currently in a transition in my personal life, it's difficult to bring my full point across in the things I wear on a daily basis, so Polyvore is an awesome, (and, mind you, inexpensive), way to show you guys both my current closet and what I aspire to have in it. Since I moved to Michigan back in 2003, I've been on a big darkness kick. It was a very emotional tween stage for me, and it showed, jumping from punk to goth to scene to metalhead within the rest of my school years. I can't say I was miserable once I reached high school, but I did feel almost as much as I got lost in thought, which is still a constant. I still think nonstop. But I'm both moving forward and reverting at the same time. When I was very young, I loved all things girly, cute, and happy. The older I get, the more I can appreciate that aspect of myself, because most people let that all go as time goes by. I feel such a duality in myself. Not to sound too much like Kerli, but I feel both a the brightest light and the strongest darkness in my personality, and the two conflict so much it's hard for me to decide which I want to be on any given day. I currently write music interviews for a luxury gothic magazine, and I'll still rock out to hardcore and metal any day, but mostly as of late, J-Pop's been more my thing, and as I type this, I'm listening to Samantha James. Is that weird? But ultimately, I think it's just time to give that light some time to shine through more. As an aspiring Buddhist, I'm looking to balance my life a lot better.
That all being said, this Polyvore thing has also been too easy to abuse. Rather than actually give you topic posts and updates, it's easy to just throw together a look and explain why I styled something a certain way. So I am going to try to do more on here. Currently, however, seeing as how I'm about to do makeup for a prom event soon, followed by a trip to Las Vegas, followed by having a garage sale, amongst other things like writing another song with Drawing on Scars, (reverbnation.com/drawingonscars), expect more Polyvores until I'm at a more stable place. I want to do some outfit of the days for you and also some reviews and collections. Which reminds me, I hope you enjoyed my Jeffrey Campbell collection. If you'd like a review of each pair, let me know and I'll be sure to do something more in-depth. I love every pair I own, and I'll likely end up showing all my non-JCs in a collection as well. I personally love shoe collections.
Anyway, that's all for now. My next post besides another Polyvore look will likely be a review of the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks, which both my brother and I are obsessed with.
Stay beautiful! X3 <(^-^)> <3

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment